Wednesday 18 January 2012

Air-Drumming: An Education.

My girlfriend went out last night, so I embraced my parental duty and spent the evening listening to Led Zeppelin with Ivy. Within a few minutes we were both flailing about like windmill-limbed idiots. Ivy's just started to get the hang of holding drumsticks, which added a terrifying/hilarious element to proceedings. It would have been rude of me not to follow suit...
Anyway, I think I speak for both of us when I say that "Achilles Last Stand" - one of my favourite John Bonham performances - was a particularly fun ten minutes of air-drumming. Enjoy!




The sounds of that Marnie Stern album have been bouncing around the house for a while now, and my girlfriend said they reminded her of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Which is no bad thing. "Date With The Night" is still fantastic, more than eight years (!) after its release.



Marnie Stern reminds me at times of Sonic Youth, which provides a convenient excuse for posting "Stereo Sanctity". Because let's face it, you've already heard "Teen Age Riot", and the track from Sister reveals the extent of Steve Shelley's badassery (it's a real word, honest):


Here's "Cross The Breeze", because one Sonic Youth song is never enough:


No comments:

Post a Comment